Saturday, May 16, 2009

Unscripted Sketch Challenge #6




"Vintage Banjo Brooch Card"

with Matching thick style Envelope

With this card, I did a few things different. First, I normally make square cards, but today made the ever so popular 5 x 7 standard card size. It was a nice change and I did it using the always awesome Sketch from the "Unscripted Sketch Challenge" Second, I down loaded the picture of my envelope for this card to share with you. I used my own 'THICK' style A7 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" x 3/4"Envelope Kit. If you like my envelope and would like to make your own, you can find the KIT HERE! To view a tutorial on how easy these kits are to use, click HERE. The last thing I did different, was, I stuck pretty close to the sketch!! I think it was because I didn't make it square, so it was easier to follow a little closer to the sketch. It was so funny, because when I showed my husband, he couldn't believe how close It was. I always show him the sketch and then the card...most of the time he tells me they don't even look the same. This time he finally saw it!! LOL I added a vintage banjo brooch to this card. I designed the card so if the owner wants to remove the banjo for use, they can. Only minor disassembly is required, but I could not imagine taking the back off a perfectly good brooch just to put it on a card. Most of my brooch cards have broken brooches on them, but when I do use one that is working, I always try to keep it usable. It's like TWO gifts in one. I used a mini leather frame, sewing detail, metallic gold shading, faux leather trim, pearl bead work and the banjo has a pearl face and detailed sides (hard to see) The picture on this one really does not do the card justice, but I hope you can still enjoy it. (i just added the darker picture, but it's not much better) Not sure what to put on the inside...any ideas? I can't think of any sayings with "Banjo" or "Music" in it!! Help me :)

10 comments:

  1. What a great card! I can vouch for your tutorial! It made my envelopes Loads better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card, how beautiful!! And will check out your envelope tutorial for sure, cuz that envelope is FABULOUS!!! You are such an inspiration!!! Can't wait to get off work this weekend,and head home to scrap not only this sketch, but your Midnight Madness one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had time to 'have a go' yet but with try to! All the cards are fantastic! Pop over to Spyder's Corner, I'm giving all my lovely Followers a blog Award to thank them for their kind support!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is one awesome card and I love it. The colours are fab the layout perfect and that banjo broach is beautiful.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I was thinking "wow. I love that banjo" Nice to know it's a brooch! Just beautiful

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job on the sketch challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is stunning! I love the deep, rich colors and well everything about it. Great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work, I love how you added the broach and made it two gifts in one. I love the different colors you used, along with the stitching. Thanks for playing again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete