Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Midnight Madness by Priscilla MMSC11






"Christmas in July"

Hello everyone.. I wanted to first say that I just recently got to know Ann over at TNL as, I was one of their featured sponsors last week. I was so sad when Ann emailed me to let me know that their site was closing due to some health issues she was having. I was so lucking to have gotten to correspond with her in the last few weeks. She is a really fun and talented lady. I wish her a speedy recovery and hope to see her and Dawn’s inspiring blog up and running again really soon.
Now on to my MMSC11 card. This one really made me think LOL hahah and I made up the sketch..too funny. I have been really inspired by all these “Christmas in July” cards I have been seeing, and I just had to jump on the band wagon and make one before it was to late. So here it is. I used an old plastic frame I found in my junk jewelry box. Oh how I love that box! I am so glad that I kept all those little trinkets and bobbles that most people would throw away. It was perfect for this weeks sketch. I printed out on high gloss paper a vintage image of a lady with a snowy tree several times. I placed one of the pictures under the glass of the frame and then cut a couple more pictures out to layer on top. I added some liquid appliqué, ribbons, brads, vintage broken earring, Christmas tree charm, sewing details and this is what I came up with. Remember you can click on the picture for a up close look at the details. As always, if you have any questions or comments about my card or the blog and it’s contents, just ask away. I love all the feedback from my followers, so if you could give me an early Christmas present by leaving me a comment on my card post this week, I would be thrilled.

15 comments:

  1. I've been looking at this for ages trying to work out how you got that scarf round her head. Then I realised it was the picture and not real material. It looks so realistic - totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stunning creation love all the beautiful detail :)
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZA girl!! This so stunning!!! Amazing creations every week through you and the DT!! I'm in awe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Priscilla! I love the retro frame around the image and of course all of the amazing details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so you, Priscilla. Very beautiful and vintage. I love all the gold and the glittery snow gives me chills. It looks so real.

    Thanks for heading up such an awesome challenge and being such an inspiration to all of us!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Priscilla!!!
    love all the DT cards too they are amazing
    have to say I have enjoyed this sketch challenge
    My entry is on my blog
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Priscilla
    You are very creative. Your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card this is. Just love every element and I must say the recipient of this card will be delighted.
    Hugs Suzixx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! This must have taken you hours to make! Your card is just wonderful-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Priscilla after seeing this card, I know what to do with all those frames for cross-stitching I have in my attic. lol What a wonderful idea. Love that image too it is so cute.
    Carol
    www.chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Priscilla,

    What a wonderful card! I love all that gold and the little circle frame, what a good placement for that.

    Thank you for being our "Midnight Madness Mistress', you need a badge of your own P.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I've left a comment earlier but revisit your blog again and noticed i couldn't fine it, so here it is again:
    Your card is gorgeous! I especially love the dimension you layered inside the image, what great details you added and made this cars extra superb!
    I enjoy the MMSC challenges and look forward for more!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! Your cards have so many wonderful details! Thank you for all your nice comments on my cards! I have loved participating in MMSC. The cards designed by the DT have really encouraged me to make cards that are "outside my box"! Can't wait to see what your new contest is about and share it with my friends!!

    ReplyDelete