Thursday, January 21, 2016

Morning Sunflower Sunshine!

This post is for the "Great Cakes Soap Challenge" . It has been a very interesting week for me. I am limited on soap making supplies, so bear with me with my homemade log mold and dividers...I'm slowly adding to my collection to make life easier....Like my dad use to say, "Use the right tool for the right job!" But for now, this will have to do. The Challenge was to make soap using the Circling Taiwan Swirl technique. I think I lucked out on this first attempt because I tried to make this a couple more times with no success. Learning to add fragrance and color to your soap mixtures can be very tricky. No harm through...Looks like we won't need to buy soap for a long time..LOL I think after a few of these challenges and I will have Birthday and Christmas presents made for the next couple of years..LOL But seriously, It has been fun learning this new skill and it makes me realize just how many different possibilities there are to this craft. Hope I did it right :)

My home made log mold and dividers!









I named this batch "Sunflower Sunshine"






10 comments:

  1. It really does remind me of a sunflower! You've done a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does remind me of a sunflower! You've done a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like a sunflower! Awesome job :-D I'm super impressed with your handmade mold, dividers, and even Stabilizers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! This makes me even more excited for spring as I watch the piles of snow around here melting slowly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Priscilla! who says we can't make our own molds and dividers??? those worked great! Your soap turned out wonderful and the colors are really beautiful together! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are well on your way with this soap - and quite inventive with your mold! Thanks for contacting me for additional help - I think you'll do even better next time! :)

    ReplyDelete